Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New every morning


Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  Lamentations 3:22-23


On the days when I feel weak, the moments I am faced with my sin, the times where the problems of this world are too much for me, I am thankful to know that the Lord's mercies are new every morning!  He offers me new hope each day. 

But how does this affect my life?  How does it change the way I choose to live?  Will I cling to His compassion and allow Him to renew me with the morning?  Will I seek Him and His truth in the midst of confusion or disappointment?  Will I cling to His mercies and welcome His love and faithfulness?  Will I praise Him when I recognize those mercies and sense His presence?  Will I spend time basking in His Word that I might be filled with His never ending joy and love?  Will I see each new day as an opportunity to know Him more, to bring Him glory, to delight in the gift of the morning?

May you be overwhelmed by the Lord's great love for you today and may the morning remind you of His faithfulness.  Can you think of a day when the sun refused to rise?  Each day is a gift and we can rest in His faithfulness and goodness today and every day!

(This photo is from our trip to Murchison Falls when my parents came to visit over Christmas.  We witnessed this glorious sunrise over the African plains!  More pictures from safari coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment